If you are on active duty today, serving honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any eligible war eras, you can become a member of The American Legion!
We're veterans just like you, nearly 3 million strong, who care about America, Veterans and their families and our nation's youth. The Legion is a powerful voice in Washington dedicated to preserving the rights we've all earned - and were promised - by service to our nation in uniform. We invite you to join us now. Membership brings an impressive array of benefits. The American Legion is always there for you and your family. Just like you, we're "Still Serving America!"
Membership Eligibility Requirements
* August 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War/War On Terrorism)
* December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Panama)
* August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
* February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
* June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
* December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (World War II)
* April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918 (World War I)
Post 234 Membership:
Post 234 is an active post, supporting American Legion Baseball, Northborough's Memorial Day parade and also Northborough's Annual Applefest Celebration. The Legion Honor Guard/Color Guard provides Ceremonial services at Veterans' calling hours and funerals.
Membership totals 199. The post membership is comprised of Veterans from World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Desert Storm, Panama, Granada, and Lebanon, including the representation of all divisions of the Armed Forces.